Saturday, July 15, 2006

The highlight of the week ...

if you can call it that was on wednesday the 12th July 2006, my employer - MHT recognising my long service with them, for this I and others were invited along to a west end location for our very own BAFTA awards - yes it was held at the BAFTA building in Piccadilly.

Basically the CE - Tony said a little about each of us, and then we walked up and were presented with a long service certificate - in my case for 25 years - though I have completed over 27 but apparantly there will be no award at 30 years, so I am getting the 25 year award now, then a quick photo opportunity with the Chairman - Museji - shaking hands and him congratulating me (photo not yet available - will post later).

In addition though I have not yet received it I get £300 ... wow, but much more important is 3 weeks extra annual leave this year - so I can take a long and well deserved trip later this year - which looks like being to visit David in South Korea.

No comments: