Sunday, August 06, 2006

Trains a bus 'n' horses.

On Thursday I went to see Dan and have a curry, a good night was had by all - thanks Dan, I guess it'll be my turn next time.

All went well 'till I was back at Stevenage station, waiting for the last train, standing there on the platform someone says there's no more trains but there is a bus - over there he points and its about to go, well I haven't run for a while but with a few pints inside I set off shouting for the driver to wait for me. I managed to get on just as it was leaving.

The driver says didn't you see the sign?" - well no I did not - wot sign - it was pointless discussing it anyway, so off goes the bus, going all around the houses, just over an hour later we arrive at Potters Bar, but of course the driver is not willing to drop me off at the station ( he should in case there are other unfortunate people waiting for him) as he is going on to Finsbury Park and he is already on the road to Barnet. So I get off at the top of Mutton Lane with about an half hours walk ahead of me. arghhhh.

****

Yesterday Suri and I went blackberry picking - its the right time of year now, anyway we was in this field, I didn't take much notice at first of these four horses at the far end of the field .

Well there I was picking these blacberries and I noticed these horses coming over, before I know it one of them is nosing up to me trying to eat the blackberries that I just picked. I wasn't having any of that so I tried to carry on, but the horse was bigger than me (you do not realise how big horses are until they are towering above you) and he was pushing me about a bit.

I decided that I had enough blackberries and it was time to get away as he was very persistent, so I set off back towards Suri, who was over by the stream, one of the other horses was a bit frisky and was galloping around - so we was a bit concerned by then as we thought they was gonna push us in the stream. Eventually after what seemed to be ages, we got away as the horses decided to have a drink in the stream.

The blackberries were good by the way, especially with lots of lovely cream.

***

Today we stayed in waiting for someone to view the house - but no turn up and no phone call - not too happy about that as it mucked up the day, decided no more viewings on a Sunday.

No comments: