Sunday, December 10, 2006

Nearly Conned

I thought I was not gullible, but ................... I was very nearly conned recently - it was all so plausible.

The tenants at my house have recently left so I was there with Suri, doing a bit of painting and cleaning up when this couple walked in and said they were the new tenants, well the agency had not told me this, but we were so convinced by them that we allowed them to leave some bags there.

He said he had a key and had signed the agreement and paid the rent - so it all seemed ok and they were very nice - offering to look after the garden and do some decorating. This is of course is what any landlord wants to hear.

So when I contacted the agent and they told me it was all lies, I was very concerned that the house may get squatted. As soon as possible I was round there and took their bags down to the agency for them to sort out and store.

Certainly a lesson to be learned.

I am hoping to rent it out before christmas but the garden needs doing and the carpets need cleaning so it will not be for at least a week, the agency said they had 3 Spanish teachers interested in it - so I am hopeful that it will be let before christmas.

Also Geoff came up for a visit it was good to see him, and to help him celebrate his birthday, Daniel, Sophie, Suri and me went to the local Chinese restaurant - Youngs, they were doing an eat as much as you like for a fixed price - it was very busy and very tasty - and very good value for money - I would recommend it.

No comments: