Wednesday, March 21, 2007

What a hectic but exciting time

I was fortunate to say my last goodbyes to my colleagues and friends at work on two separate occasions, the first was on the 15th March 2007, which was my last working day in the office.

That day, in fact the whole week was very busy, as there were many jobs still to do, and unfortunately a few were left incomplete, but I did try to finish as much as I could.

It was lovely to be able to say goodbye to some good friends, in particular to Rosie, Sheila, Karl, Veronica, Bhavi, Sham, Graham, Michelle & Claire ...... and the kind words from everybody makes me quite emotional just thinking about it.

Thanks to all for the leaving pressies, the cards and the book of words, I will keep these secure to help me remember the good times I had at work.

The second opportunity was on the 20th March 2007 after the Audit Committee, where I got my chance to say goodbye to more people, including Tony and Ruth. The bowl I received is definitely growing on me as I am sure it will be given a prominent position in our new home, and will be a visual reminder of my time at MHT.

This was my last ever day ( well half day) of work before retiring, though I am sure I will have lots of different sorts of work to do in our new home in Poole.

A big thank you to all ..... I do hope to keep in touch with friends and colleagues and they too will keep in touch.

No comments: