Monday, April 23, 2007


Life in Poole

Life is good -

we are now in Poole and enjoying the playground, as it was described to me recently when chatting to a couple we met when walking and exploring the coastal walks a few days back.

There is certainly lots to do, particularly on the seafaring side, though I haven't got into that yet.

The weather has been particularly kind, or it could be how it always is on the South coast, in fact on more than one occasion I got a bit sun burned.

Here's a picture of David, Martin and Suri at Corfe Castle, which we checked out a few weekends back.

Thanks to Geoff and Brod I now have a bike, which is great fun, there are lots of cyclists around here, with so many cycle routes, and it is in general fairly flat - oh and the drivers seem to be cyclist friendly - myself included of course - so it's good to back in the saddle.

I have even started a bit of DIY - with one room painted and it's almost complete.

I had forgotten how difficult it was to get contractors to turn up and do the work, first the tree surgeon agreed a price, and a date then did not turn up - and his phone just goes to answer machine - then the builder said we need to get the electric supply moved before he can start on removing the wall between the Kitchen and the Dining room - and BT customer services in non existent .....oh I must stop as I was nearly on a grumpy old man rant........

No comments: