Thursday, September 11, 2008

Vienna

Wonderful Vienna - truly a magnificent city, here I am in the Parliament building giving a speech to the Austrian ministers. The building itself was partly destroyed in WW2 but was rebuilt in the same style, fortunately the oldest and most historical part of the building was undamaged.






Here we are in the park with Mozart.











We took a tour of the Opera house the auditorium itself was quite small but the rest of the building - particularly the "behind stage" area was enormous.





I returned to Bad Aussee - I went ski ing here in my teens - unfortunately I recognised hardly anything of the place - mind you it is a long time ago and it was covered in snow last time.





Lake Wolfgang - I just had to have a swim - it was warm - believe me .................

No comments: