Wednesday, August 30, 2006




A Bank Holiday Weekend away at Great Yarmouth

Well the weekend has come and gone - but at least we did something a bit different, we went to Great Yarmouth and had a really good time, the weather was very kind to us, and we found a nice B&B that didn't charge too much and gave us a hearty breakfast each day, the room itself was adequate.

You can see me outside Horsey Windmill, we stopped off here on our way up the coast to Cromer.

On the way we visited Happisburg - the lighthouse wasn't open to view, but I was amazed at the erosion that has taken place here, I reckon I was last here at Happisburg about 6 years ago, since then a road and a whole line of holiday chalets have dissapeared - into the sea I presume.

It will not be long before the next row of houses dissapear - I guess this will be their last summer as the sea defences have virtually gone and one big storm will take away at least another 15 or 20 yards. Its quite amazing the power of the sea and really little can be done about it.

Will check it out again in a few more years.

Eventually arrived in Cromer, I really like Cromer - especially the crabs, which we tried out and I have to say they were really tasty.

On the Saturday evening we went to an "old time music hall" production at Gorlestone, which was much better than I expected, though nobody dressed up in period costume. For Suri it was really good 'cos it was the first time she was able to use the LOOP properly with her new hearing aids and she was able to hear the jokes - which is a real improvement.

It was really odd 'cos I realised as we drove into Gorlestone, that I had been here with mum, it brought back lovely memories of this time - just 2 years ago, it's funny how the mind plays games.

No comments: